Ad Spot

Best of luck returning to school in COVID era

Natchez Adams School District begins fall classes Wednesday under the unusual circumstances brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic.

An 80% majority of NASD students will attend classes virtually online only this year while the other 20% of students will attend a hybrid of online and in-person classes.

Students who opted for the hybrid classes will attend in-person classes two days per week.

Students in Cohort A will go to school on Mondays and Wednesdays. Members of Cohort B will go to school on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The other three days of the week, those students will be attending classes virtually online.

Any way you do the math, 100% of the district’s students will be attending online classes this year.

Such an endeavor is expensive. Fortunately, Congress has made money available to help students who do not have internet access or necessary equipment to obtain the technology and equipment they need to access the virtual learning environment.

Now, as school begins most of the district’s students have the equipment and technology needed to attend classes virtually and the district is acquiring the equipment to meet the needs of others.

Meanwhile, the district has employed social workers to help children in the field and buses will shuttle necessary paper materials between the schools and students.

We wish the students and the district the best in this new learning endeavor and trust the students will get the instruction they need to further their educations.

News

State reports largest number of new COIVD-19 cases since July

News

Photo gallery: Espy hosts Natchez rally Saturday

News

The Dart: Making birthday portraits in park

News

New heights: Cathedral coach takes flying lessons after championship victory

News

Public defenders office shaping up

News

Community rallies to help neighbor

News

Sunday Focus: Medical marijuana measures on ballots confusing

News

Week 11 scores: Live high school football scores

News

Free concert is Sunday at bandstand on bluff

News

Adams County reports 91 active COVID-19 cases

News

Some Cathedral Elementary School students quarantined

News

Hotel Vue, other properties involved in indictments, still open

News

Prayers requested for former Cathedral School coach, teacher

Business

Worley, former Dunleith owner, gets 144 months in federal prison

News

Plans progressing for Adams County public defenders office

News

City will not mandate Halloween rules

News

Gibson: We are drawing the line on crime

News

Adams County to ask for federal relief funds for Hurricane Delta recovery

News

Vidalia City Hall temporarily closed Tuesday after 2 test positive for COVID-19

News

Former Vue owner ‘surprised’ by current owners’ indictment

News

Men charged with bank fraud, money laundering in connection to purchase of The Briars, other properties

News

Sirens part of Severe Weather Awareness Week drill

News

Natchez WWII veteran laid to rest

News

Natchez police committee calls for businesses to provide security after Monday shooting